• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Burger Club

elyse

You can't order a $15.50 burger and leave paying $15.50. Like I had a $13.50 burger and a fucking COKE for 20 fucking dollars at Landmark. Totally out of hand.

You can have BC without me. I'd prefer if you went somewhere I'm not going to anyway, though. But you guys choose what you want to do.

i think a deputy burger bitch needs to be appointed or assumed by someone.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

And the chances for going back again for burgers would be...?

If you schedule it, we will come! (with apologies to Field of Dreams)

And if the non-burger aspects are good, I'd come back for the burger.

edited to add last sentence

Edited by MHesse (log)

--mark

Everybody has Problems, but Chemists have Solutions.

tommy, the burger was supposed to be $8.50. Plus, I didn't have beer. $20 isn't so much for a meal if you have a $20 meal. I didn't.

but the 15.50 burger is 15.50. the situation at the landmark is unfortunate. i'd be upset if i ordered a 15.50 burger and was charged 20 for it. this, to me, has nothing to do with an expense account or the value in the burger.

Both of you seem to have your points at the top of your heads. :angry:

:biggrin:

The more I think about it, the more I figure we should just skip it for now, and make Blue Smoke the first official BC meeting of the new year. I don't know about all of you, but I'm getting extra busy now (even without any holiday stuff). So while I absolutely adore BC meetings (for the company, even when the food disappoints), I suggest that any December meetings be unofficial. In other words, I've got to drop out of 12/13; if people still want to go, someone should contact Annie O'Scannlain at 212-447.7479, extension 256. She is available Monday through Friday 9:30am-6: 30pm. If 10 people or more are going, she needs to know by the day before. She told me it would be fine for us to just do our usual thing, that is, burgers all around, with no other special menu.

Both of you seem to have your points at the top of your heads. :angry:

:biggrin:

The more I think about it, the more I figure we should just skip it for now, and make Blue Smoke the first official BC meeting of the new year. I don't know about all of you, but I'm getting extra busy now (even without any holiday stuff). So while I absolutely adore BC meetings (for the company, even when the food disappoints), I suggest that any December meetings be unofficial. In other words, I've got to drop out of 12/13; if people still want to go, someone should contact Annie O'Scannlain at 212-447.7479, extension 256. She is available Monday through Friday 9:30am-6: 30pm. If 10 people or more are going, she needs to know by the day before. She told me it would be fine for us to just do our usual thing, that is, burgers all around, with no other special menu.

This sounds like a reasonable idea. Blue Smoke in January. Nothing like antici...

pation.

:laugh:

In the meantime, I promise to report on any burgers I encounter.

:smile:

Jamie

See! Antony, that revels long o' nights,

Is notwithstanding up.

Julius Caesar, Act II, Scene ii

biowebsite

Just wanted to say a snowy hello to you all. Sorry I did not make it to Landmark - at the last minute my thanksgiving plans started early. And then on return i was sick - always a fun prospect.

But now with snow on the ground, I can finally get some time to sit infront of the computer and well go to the Burger Club forum page of course!

Did I hear somewone say beer club?

Joe

But it IS a bit pricey ($12.50, I think; although that includes the bacon, cheese, AND frites).

no fucking way.

I hate to break this to you, but maybe you haven't noticed that beef prices are skyrocketing. It's just not going to be possible anymore to get good meat (burger) in Manh for $8. Good burgers will simply elude us. The only exception, IMHO, are the smallish burgers like PM's, for example.

But it IS a bit pricey ($12.50, I think; although that includes the bacon, cheese, AND frites).

no fucking way.

I hate to break this to you, but maybe you haven't noticed that beef prices are skyrocketing. It's just not going to be possible anymore to get good meat (burger) in Manh for $8. Good burgers will simply elude us. The only exception, IMHO, are the smallish burgers like PM's, for example.

You mean burger places don't have tasting menus with lil sizes? :raz:

Sherri A. Jackson

Choice of liquid in vessel is entirely up to the imbiber.

Kennedy's, Dublin House, Paddy Reilly's? My favorite 4 - 7 pm 2 fer 1 Art Bar?

I'm up for the imbibing club. Is there such a place that isn't loud? I don't like loud. Where's Art Bar?

--mark

Everybody has Problems, but Chemists have Solutions.