• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lunch in Koreatown, LA

cruelshooz

Hey folks --

I am a NYC transplant working in Koreatown in LA (near Wilshire & Vermont) for a month or so. Can anyone suggest any places that are good for lunch? So far I've have excellent spring rolls at Pho #9 and a good burger at Casells, but I'm not sure where else to go. Suggestions for pizza, deli sandwiches, mexican, or any other lunch type stuff would be greatly appreciated!

cheers,

-shooz

Though I've never been there, Langer's Deli is an L.A. institution and is not far from where you are.  (704 S Alvarado St • 213-483-8050)  I don't know how it will compare to NY delis

Langer's is only open to 4:00 pm. Just get the pastrami on rye. You get a choice of 2 mustards. It's very good. No need to complicate things with slaw, etc. If you need fake IDs, phony auto insurance certificates, green cards, drugs, etc., you can try the market across the street in MacArthur Park (or you could just ride in a paddle boat).

I'm hollywood and I approve this message.

Though I've never been there, Langer's Deli is an L.A. institution and is not far from where you are.  (704 S Alvarado St • 213-483-8050)  I don't know how it will compare to NY delis

Langer's is only open to 4:00 pm. Just get the pastrami on rye. You get a choice of 2 mustards. It's very good. No need to complicate things with slaw, etc. If you need fake IDs, phony auto insurance certificates, green cards, drugs, etc., you can try the market across the street in MacArthur Park (or you could just ride in a paddle boat).

From Wilshire/Vermont, take the Red Line to the MacArthur Park Station, you're half a block from Langer's. Rail and good pastrami . . . almost like New York.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

If you're up for Korean, and want to spend around 8 bucks:

Sokongdong Tofu

2716 W. Olympic Bl., #104

Los Angeles, CA 90006

213-380-3737

lil' map

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.