• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

the eGullet Culinary Institute

Marlene

If so, look no further. The threads are here. Pick the one you're interested in and go have a look!

If you just wish to browse start here --- >> Browsing

If you wish to volunteer, start here --- >> Volunteers

If you wish to be a student start here --->>Students

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

i personally think last link is the most informative for those who still have no idea what the heck this thing is.

since i read egullet every day, most of the day, and i fancy myself a relatively sharp fellow, i can't help but think that my lack of understanding is due to either

1) lack of cohesive and clear information being posted

2) i'm a complete dolt

i'm looking forward to seeing this thing unfold.

godspeed.

We are hoping to create detailed materials on different cuisines, techniques or ingredients. Have an expert pull together materials to teach them, post pictures along with the materials to show -- say steps in a recipe -- and then later that day have the expert on "live" to answer questions.

It will be a structured approach -- say a technique is explained, folks are encouraged to try to try it and then post questions. Or menu planning is discussed in detail and then readers/students menus are critiqued

other suggestions are welcome!!

Thanks -- let me know if I can provide more information

Monica Bhide

A Life of Spice

I think the issue for the learned Tommy, if I may be so bold, is that until today all the eGCI materials posted on the site have been targeted at the organizers and volunteers and others who wish to be involved in planning. This morning's announcement, to which he refers, was our first move to explain it to the larger membership and public. So, if he found that helpful, mission accomplished!

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

This morning's announcement, to which he refers, was our first move to explain it to the larger membership and public. So, if he found that helpful, mission accomplished!

yup! and that's why i pointed out that particular thread.

now stop pissing me off by gettin all indignant and condescending. :angry:

Well now we've had some feedback from at least one of our frequent users :biggrin:

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.