• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Road Trip Maybe?

KatieLoeb

Hi all:

I'm posting a link here Jersey Getogether so we can stay abreast of the plans for this shindig. Could be a lot of fun. I know Andrew is game to go play, any other takers?

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

I'm certainly interested! Provided I'm available on the weekend in question, I'm certainly up for the trip. Given the location, it sounds like Jonathan's farm will be the best food option available in that neck of the woods for many many miles around.

Christopher D. Holst aka "cdh"

Learn to brew beer with my eGCI course

Chris Holst, Attorney-at-Lunch

Sounds good to me as well, especially if it's in September sometime. Sounds like it would be a great opportunity to have some great food, see the Philly egulleters/DDC'ers and meet some of the people I read about on the Jersey board. Count me in!

"Nutrirsi di cibi prelibati e trasformare una necessita in estasi."

Woo-hoo! I knew I could count on you hard cores for a road trip to some good eatin'! YAY! I'll be putting this on my calendar as soon as the date is announced! :biggrin:

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!

Would folks from DC be welcome?  I have friends in central NJ that want me to come and visit.

well, i don't know.

tell ya what,

get your tapas thing back together, invite us from up here,

and then, we'll think about it. :biggrin:

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

Hey, anyone who wants to come to our house for tapas is welcome. We had a house catastrophe that KO'd any party planning for a month or so, but we should be back in fine form by mid-July. :biggrin:

Anyone up for a ballgame? I will be in Philly for a Dodgers/Phillies game at the end of July.

Heather Johnson

In Good Thyme

Hey, anyone who wants to come to our house for tapas is welcome.  We had a house catastrophe that KO'd any party planning for a month or so, but we should be back in fine form by mid-July.  :biggrin:

Anyone up for a ballgame?  I will be in Philly for a Dodgers/Phillies game at the end of July.

I'm nearly always up for a game--for some reason I sat up till nearly 1 last night watching that 17-inning Phils/Orioles fiasco. The vet sucks and I'll be glad to see it gone, but there's some good eatin' in south philly. Assuming I'm around...

Hey, anyone who wants to come to our house for tapas is welcome.  We had a house catastrophe that KO'd any party planning for a month or so, but we should be back in fine form by mid-July.  :biggrin:

Anyone up for a ballgame?  I will be in Philly for a Dodgers/Phillies game at the end of July.

not so into the game. be willing to meet before/after for drinks/snacks/meals. depends on timing and scheduling, of course.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

Anyone up for a ballgame? I will be in Philly for a Dodgers/Phillies game at the end of July.

I'm basically with Herb on this. If you'd like to go chowing/imbibing pre or post baseball game, by all means drop a line. Always looking for worthy partners in crime... :biggrin:

There's a ton of fun places we could drag you to for lowbrow eats. Dive bars are a specialty as well. Of course if you're feeling like really civilized eats, a small amount of advance notice will allow reservations to be had almost anywhere. I've either worked there in the past, work there now, or probably know someone who does. Too many years in the same small town will do that to you... :wink:

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!