• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ideas for my trip to Frankfurt, Berlin, Prague, and Dresden, please

I have searched this forum and enjoyed the reading, but there were no recent recommendation for the cities in my upcoming trip in mid-November: Frankfurt, Berlin, Prague, Dresden, back to Frankfurt. I would be grateful for any input.

• Delicious 1

5 hours ago, cyalexa said:

I have searched this forum and enjoyed the reading, but there were no recent recommendation for the cities in my upcoming trip in mid-November: Frankfurt, Berlin, Prague, Dresden, back to Frankfurt. I would be grateful for any input.

Coincidentally, there is a short piece on Berlin in November (with family) here

How are you travelling ?

• Like 1

Only spent one night in Frankfurt but there are no shortage of places to eat along Kaiserstraße, east of the train station. Of course most are American, Japanese, Mexican, Chinese, Australian, etc. I had decent schnitzel and beer at Dicke Butz. I didn't seek out fine dining.

@Duvel I missed your Berlin blog previously. I wish I had sought out a currywurst. 

• Like 2

It's almost never bad to feed someone.

@Duvel, thanks for taking the time to reply. I read and enjoyed your piece. 

We will be traveling by rail. There will be either 4 or 5 adults, depending on how much time my daughter-in-law can take off from work (she will have just started a new job). She and my son live in Mannheim, although they may move to Cologne after the first of the year. My US-residing son and daughter-in-law and I are flying into Frankfurt. We will be celebrating a birthday while in Berlin. All are adventurous eaters. 

• Like 3

Excellent, @cyalexa !

We live just next to Mannheim, in the beautiful town of Weinheim.

I travel to Dresden on business occasionally - let me check my food diary on options there. Maybe you want to check out a wine festival when you are around (either in the Palatinate or the Bergstrasse, both are easily reachable from Mannheim) ?

@Duvel, thanks for checking on food options in Dresden. Can you by chance recommend a place to stay? We are, in general, going to try to find airbnbs where we can all stay together. One son is not a wine drinker and one daughter-in-law doesn't drink at al,l but if the festivals have good food they might still be an option.