• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Easter Brunch/Dinner in No Jersey

tkrongold

i am looking for a nice place to take my aunt & cousin to. something around the $25/pp range.

i checked Rosie's column that listed Easter options, but most of them were in south Jersey.

thanks!

www.cookstour.netMy Blog

You are not going to get much for $25. There will be more restaurants added to my list on Wednesday but there were more restaurants from North Jersey listed than South Jersey.

Blue Sky Cafe in Montclair is doing a brunch for $30. Souffle is doing a dinner for $27.

http://www.njmonthly.com/issues/Apr03/rosi.../rosiemain.html

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

It's a little out of your territory, but Arthur's Landing in Weehawken is doing Easter brunch for $29. Right on the Hudson at Port Imperial - you can't beat the view, and the food is great.

Arthur's Landing--keep in mind that it is not BYO and if you order a drink the price of your brunch will be higher. With tax and tip you could be talking $40 a person. Do they charge for parking?

Traditionally, Arthur's Landing validates your parking stub at the coat check. With the huge expansion and construction, that may have changed, so I'd call ahead to verify.

Way back when, like 1985, Arthur's used to give you parking, pre-theater dinner, ferry, show tickets, jitney ride for under $50. Might have been under $40 when they started the program.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo