• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Burger Heaven in the Ledger

Rail Paul

I've gotten two emails over the past week that Anthony Wayne may have closed.  I'm hoping it may just be seasonal, though that hasn't been the case in the past.

Can anyone confirm Anthony Wayne's status?

Have no fear, on Route 46 west just 1 1/2 miles east of Anthony Wayne is The Hearth serving up terrific charcoal hamburgers and hot dogs. Slightly less expensive than AWayne, The Hearth also has unlimited pickles-- and they are very very good!! They also have specials every week where a main dish is offered for a reduced price, e.g., hot dogs for 99 cents, or burgers for $1.50. Try the Hearth!!

Hearth Charcoal Restaurant

1116 US Highway 46

Clifton, NJ

Phone: (973) 473-6444

Do you know what brand of dogs are used here? I know that the Anthony Wayne charbroiled Thumann's beef and pork dogs.

John the hot dog guy

There's White Rose System in Highland Park and White Star just off the GSP at Exit 135. 

Actually, it's White Diamond in Clark - I assume you mean at Raritan and Central Aves., right?

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

There's White Rose System in Highland Park and White Star just off the GSP at Exit 135. 

Actually, it's White Diamond in Clark - I assume you mean at Raritan and Central Aves., right?

Yes - my mistake.

"There are people who strictly deprive themselves of each and every eatable, drinkable, and smokable which has in any way acquired a shady reputation. They pay this price for health. And health is all they get for it. How strange it is. It is like paying out your whole fortune for a cow that has gone dry." - Mark Twain

"Please pass the bacon." - Me