• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breville Paradice 9

lindag

I wish they made the dicing kit as an attachment for the Sous Chef 16.

Edited to add:  They do and I just bought it.  

Edited by ElsieD
Added the edited comment (log)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ElsieD said:

I wish they made the dicing kit as an attachment for the Sous Chef 16.

When I was researching this a few years ago, I thought they did have a dicing kit for the Sous Chef 16 since they didn't have the Paradice then.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Cyberider said:

When I was researching this a few years ago, I thought they did have a dicing kit for the Sous Chef 16 since they didn't have the Paradice then.

I couldn't find it on their web site.  I'll look again.

Edited to add:  looked again and found it.  Amazon sells it as well.  Thank you!

Edited by ElsieD (log)
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

I couldn't find it on their web site.  I'll look again.

I don't see it anymore either but I'm sure they used to have one for the Sous Chef.  Maybe someone still has them in stock? 

Interestingly, the Breville dicing kit costs the same as a Cuisinart food processor that comes with the dicing kit.  The processors aren't really compatible, but still....

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

The Paradice sells in Canada for $900 (plus 13% tax) and I doubt I'd get much for my sous chef.  Cheaper to get the dicer kit @ $220.

Looking into this a bit more, I see I also need to buy the expansion kit as well as the dicing kit.  I cannot find this on the Breville site.  I have called customer support to ask them about this.  Will post what they say in case someone else is interested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, rotuts said:

so the add-on kit gives you two sizes ?

The dicing kit comes with a 12mm dicing blade.  The add-on kit gives you two additional dicing blades, a 16mm one and an 8mm one and a cleaning cap.  Note that a cleaning cap also comes with the original kit.

• Like 3