• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

NadyaDuke

NadyaDuke

I had some turkey breakfast sausage patties I wasn’t wild about and some bread from a bakery I am wild about so made a breakfast sandwich.

@Katie Meadow I agree with you on NM! I only lived there for three years but I get homesick for it but don’t for the also beautiful state I grew up in. New Mexico is extraordinary.

We’re lucky that a local company here brings in Hatch chiles and roasts them. Last year we bought a peck and processed them to freeze. I found I could freeze the chopped chiles in ice cube trays then pop them in a freezer bag. One cube is often all I need to add to whatever I’m making for two of us.

IMG_1396.jpeg

NadyaDuke

NadyaDuke

I had some turkey breakfast sausage patties I want wild about and some bread from a bakery I am wild about so made a breakfast sandwich.

@Katie Meadow I agree with you on NM! I only lived there for three years but I get homesick for it but don’t for the also beautiful state I grew up in. New Mexico is extraordinary.

We’re lucky that a local company here brings in Hatch chiles and roasts them. Last year we bought a peck and processed them to freeze. I found I could freeze the chopped chiles in ice cube trays then pop them in a freezer bag. One cube is often all I need to add to whatever I’m making for two of us.

IMG_1396.jpeg