• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

' Not Fried Rice '

Mise :

IMG_4032.thumb.jpg.09185ee8f9abb91ed16b4d9c94f74389.jpg

sorry for the blur.  no Idea why the iPhone wasn't clear about its asignment

1 heaping cup ( USA ) of Dawat basmati rice , completely rinsed.  window green onion ( 2 )

Not Red home made char sui , diced   Red onion , diced   two eggs , beaten  

not pic'd  hand full TJ's bagged spinach , chopped roughly

into the 3 C Induction Zo.  when  the Zo ' jingles  '  , I open and fluff up.  my proportions for rice // water

are one heaping USA cup basmati rice , 1 1/2 cup water.   When cooked , the rice seems a bit wet.

but after fluffing , w the lid open for a bit , it ends up perfect for my taste.  firm , not wet

the 3 cup Zo does not leave a lot of head room , for Mix-Ins in the rice cooker bowl

so I use a SS bowl  Back in the day , I used to use my 10 cup Panasonic w 2 heaping cups of basmati , and had plenty of 

room for mix-ins.

IMG_4039.thumb.jpg.7defb5e7eaba54a24b8e8209d151192c.jpg

some reduced salt SoySauce , and the chopped spinach.  I add the spinach to the hot mixture

' room temp ' and it wilts just a but , but has some crunch.  the eggs are cooked in a fondless , until firm

then chopped a bit.

my Rice Bowl :

IMG_4041.thumb.jpg.5442a0538e56431a21609d90cde13361.jpg

Id be happy w this rice , in any restaurant in Chinatown.

forgot how tasty this is , and easy to make.

leftovers for breakfast tomorrow.

in the past , making 2 heaping cups , w more mix-ins , I had several quarts of this sort of thing

in the refrigerator for a few days .  eaten cold , during the humid summer :  very very nice.

rotuts

rotuts

' Not Fried Rice '

Mise :

1 heaping cup ( USA ) of Dawat basmati rice , completely rinsed.  window green onion ( 2 )

into the 3 C Induction Zo.  when  the Zo ' jingles  '  , I open and fluff up.  my proportions for rice // water

are one heaping USA cup basmati rice , 1 1/2 cup water.   When cooked , the rice seems a bit wet.

but after fluffing , w the lid open for a bit , it ends up perfect for my taste.  firm , not wet

the 3 cup Zo does not leave a lot of head room , for Mix-Ins in the rice cooker bowl

so I use a SS bowl  Back in the day , I used to use my 10 cup Panasonic w 2 heaping cups of basmati , and had plenty of 

room for mix-ins.

some reduced salt SoySauce , and the chopped spinach.  I add the spinach to the hot mixture

' room temp ' and it wilts just a but , but has some crunch.  the eggs are cooked in a fondless , until firm

then chopped a bit.

my Rive Bowl :

in the past , making 2 heaping cups , w more mix-ins , I had several quarts of this sort of thing

in the refrigerator for a few days .  eaten cold , during the humid summer :  very very nice.

rotuts

rotuts

' Not Fried Rice '

Mise :

1 heaping cup ( USA ) of Dawat basmati rice , completely minced.  window green onion ( 2 )

room for mix-ins.

' room temp ' and it wilts just a but , but has some crunch.  the eggs are cooked in a fondness , until firm

then chopped a bit.

my Rive Bowl :

in the past , making 2 heaping cups , w more mix-ins , I had several quarts of this fort of thing

rotuts

rotuts

Not Fried Rice

Mise :

1 heaping cup ( USA ) of Dawat basmati rice , completely minced.  window green onion ( 2 )

room for mix-ins.

' room temp ' and it wilts just a but , but has some crunch.  the eggs are cooked in a fondness , until firm

then chopped a bit.

my Rive Bowl :

in the past , making 2 heaping cups , w more mix-ins , I had several quarts of this fort of thing