• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

WAIT! Waaaiiitt.... 

I know what it looks like 😬.  But please take it from me (or google, or tiktok, I wouldn't believe this either) - this is a Modern Northern English delicacy. 

It's a Jacket potato (that's a whole skin on tayto roasted so long it can take its armoured self to war) topped with butter, cheese and a Chinese Chicken Chippy Curry (The curry has never been to China but you buy it in Fish and Chip shops and / or Chinese takeaways - often the same place). 

20240304_181351.jpg

It might look terrible. But the boys love it. 

Heathens. 

WAIT! Waaaiiitt.... 

I know what it looks like 😬.  But please take it from me (or google, or tiktok, I wouldn't believe this either) - this is a Modern Northern English delicacy. 

It's a Jacket potato (that's a whole skin on tayto roasted so long it can take its armoured self to war) topped with butter, cheese and a Chinese Chicken Chippy Curry (The curry has never been to China but you buy it in Fish and Chip shops and / or Chinese takeaways - often the same place). 

20240304_181351.jpg