• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pineapple side with ham - not sweet

MaryIsobel

32 minutes ago, MaryIsobel said:

Also made my standard water chestnuts wrapped in bacon. If I don't make them someone always asks why I didn't.

I mentioned a similar to neice - but water chesnut goes inside date & then bacon wrapped. She said they do it with a chunk o pineapple inside. 

• Like 1

One out of left field...

Talking on the phone to a friend while she was making dinner, and as part of the conversation I asked what she was making. "meatballs with ginger pineapple sauce".

Details are make and cook meatballs.

The a can of pineapple pieces plus some extra pineapple juice (and wait for it)..... 6 Ginger Nut biscuits

https://www.arnotts.com/brands/arnotts-biscuits/sweet

which actually dissolves in the pineapple and juice as it heats to form the sauce. Add the meatballs and a really quick and easy meal.

I haven't tried it but just might.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Be kind first.

Be nice.

(If you don't know the difference then you need to do some research)

On 10/14/2023 at 2:08 AM, TdeV said:

@Bernie, were you intending to link to a recipe?

No.

Because of international differences, I put a link in to describe the biscuits. I wasn't sure if they were sold under the same name in other countries.

• Thanks 1

Be kind first.

Be nice.

(If you don't know the difference then you need to do some research)