• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add missing link

48 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

@blue_dolphin. What size were the loaf pans that you used?

I made the Salty Caramel Peanut Butter Cake from Snacking Cakes.   I made 1/2 of the recipe.   We liked the cake but scraped off the icing as we did not like it.  I have made two of her icing recipes and did not care for either of them.  Too sugary, if that makes sense.  I will give similar icing recipes a miss.  Next time I want a peanut butter flavoured cake I'll make the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake again.

I had a bunch of aluminum foil 6 x 3.5 x 2 inch pans (like these (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)) that I used mostly for gifts.  I finally washed and reused the last few to their limit. I can't decide whether to get 3 of these reusable ones (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) or another 50-pack of the foil ones for around the same price. Reusable is better for the environment but the foil ones are very handy to give away. 

I noticed that peanut butter cake has a jam swirl option and was thinking of trying it (without the icing) but my PB&J mood passed 🙃

I also wanted to add that I felt like I was making something for an EasyBake oven while measuring 50g sugar, 40g molasses, 95g flour, etc and mixing everything in a tiny bowl with my immersion blender whisk!  And speaking of the immersion blender whisk, it works  great to whip 1/4 cup of heavy cream in a 1 cup Pyrex measuring cup to make enough whipped cream for a couple of servings!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

27 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

@blue_dolphin. What size were the loaf pans that you used?

I made the Salty Caramel Peanut Butter Cake from Snacking Cakes.   I made 1/2 of the recipe.   We liked the cake but scraped off the icing as we did not like it.  I have made two of her icing recipes and did not care for either of them.  Too sugary, if that makes sense.  I will give similar icing recipes a miss.  Next time I want a peanut butter flavoured cake I'll make the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake again.

I had a bunch of aluminum foil 6 x 3.5 x 2 inch pans (like these (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)) that I used mostly for gifts.  I finally washed and reused the last few to their limit. I can't decide whether to get 3 of these reusable ones or another 50-pack of the foil ones for around the same price. Reusable is better for the environment but the foil ones are very handy to give away. 

I noticed that peanut butter cake has a jam swirl option and was thinking of trying it (without the icing) but my PB&J mood passed 🙃

I also wanted to add that I felt like I was making something for an EasyBake oven while measuring 50g sugar, 40g molasses, 95g flour, etc and mixing everything in a tiny bowl with my immersion blender whisk!  And speaking of the immersion blender whisk, it works  great to whip 1/4 cup of heavy cream in a 1 cup Pyrex measuring cup to make enough whipped cream for a couple of servings!