• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

9 hours ago, caroled said:

Jumping on this a little late, but i saw it on FB, and went out and directly to their site. I was good with giving zip and email, but it wouldn't let me peruse the boxes without first signing up with my credit card info. Was this normal for the rest of you.?

We have plenty of food laid by for the winter without getting out to shop, but the one thing we regularly run out of is fresh, especially green veg. (we have a land tortoise who loves collards)  I'm very interested in joining, but things like that are off putting.  Thoughts, experiences?

I believe you can get a list of what they have any given week in the FAQs. It changes from week to week, naturally enough. I didn't discover that until I'd already signed up. I've seen no card-related issues, and as I told @Shelby, I'm truly impressed with their shipping and the condition the veggies are in when they get here. They have a big variety of greens, and I did in fact see collards this last time. I will PM you a link that'll get you a discount and me one as well for referring you, if you'd like. 

@chefmd -- so sorry to hear of your delivery issues. My two boxes so far have been right on target for delivery; in fact, the Thanksgiving week one was supposed to arrive on Wednesday, my regular day, but I got an email saying it would be a day early because of the holiday shipping schedules (?). My cucumbers held up OK for a week.

kayb

kayb

9 hours ago, caroled said:

Jumping on this a little late, but i saw it on FB, and went out and directly to their site. I was good with giving zip and email, but it wouldn't let me peruse the boxes without first signing up with my credit card info. Was this normal for the rest of you.?

We have plenty of food laid by for the winter without getting out to shop, but the one thing we regularly run out of is fresh, especially green veg. (we have a land tortoise who loves collards)  I'm very interested in joining, but things like that are off putting.  Thoughts, experiences?

I believe you can get a list of what they have any given week in the FAQs. It changes from week to week, naturally enough. I didn't discover that until I'd already signed up. I've seen no card-related issues, and as I told @Shelby, I'm truly impressed with their shipping and the condition the veggies are in when they get here. They have a big variety of greens, and I did in fact see collards this last time. I will PM you a link that'll get you a discount and me one as well for referring you, if you'd like.