• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Product use question – green flat rice

I really don't know where it's from, but the ingredients say 99% rice, and pandam (I presume this gives the green color). The store clerks speak very little of what I do, and aren't really interested in sharing cooking tips - hence my query.

• Like 1

Perhaps. The article says that the rice is roasted, and this product gives no indication of roasting. As well, Com should be eaten withing 24 hrs of producing, which is also not applicable here.

This is it! Thank-you so very much!

So BonVivant was right, I stand corrected.

Two things caught my eye, in the article and the comments:  it can be used to make ice cream, and that it can also be used in an Indian dish (Poha). I had seen Poha elsewhere, but in the finished dish the rice was not green.

Thanks very much to all of you! I'll experiment, and post finished pictures. Happy weekend!

@liuzhou:  you are also correct. The print is very tiny, and I couldn't read it in the artificial light last night. This morning with daylight I found the origin.

Note to self:  eat more carrots, and clean glasses more often ^_^.

• Like 1