• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

Added 2nd paragraph

I'm slightly farther along than you, but not much. I have learned that if I subscribe to a particular YouTube series I'll get a notification every time a new video comes out. The notification comes by email and as a notification to my Android devices. The notification methods can be adjusted, just as they can be adjusted for eGullet.

AFAIK the business of "following" someone benefits that person, but not you. The more followers someone has, the better their cachet. @gfron1 referred to this when he was looking to get his book published. He, @Franci and any number of other star members can asked more light on this aspect if they wish.

Smithy

Smithy

I'm slightly farther along than you, but not much. I have learned that if I subscribe to a particular YouTube series I'll get a notification every time a new video comes out. The notification comes by email and as a notification to my Android devices. The notification methods can be adjusted, just as they can be adjusted for eGullet.