• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElainaA

ElainaA

Burger night.

Many, many years ago when I was young, fresh out of college and impressionable I spent 2 years in Teacher Corps in Vermont. Another intern, some what older, became a friend and a cooking guru. After college, she had spent some years in France teaching English and had attended a course at Cordon Bleu. I took anything she said about food as Gospel. And one thing she believed was that hamburgers are best served on English muffins. And today, with much more cooking and food experience, I still think she was right. (This was 1970. I have a vivid memory of helping her prepare a beef Wellington for a visit from her parents. It was magnificent - all decorated with pastry leaves, The one and only time I have ever actually seen that done. On the other end of the spectrum, when I had a horrendous stomach bug she made me the most delicious chicken broth I have ever had. I make good chicken broth but it doesn't match my memory of hers.)

DSC02317.thumb.jpg.4787978161aaed460a892cb23e058309.jpg

ElainaA

ElainaA

Burger night.

Many, many years ago when I was young, fresh out of college and impressionable I spent 2 years in Teacher Corps in Vermont. Another intern, some what older, became a friend and a cooking guru. After college, she had spent some years in France teaching English and had attended a course at Cordon Bleu. I took anything she said about food as Gospel. And one thing she believed was that hamburgers are best served on English muffins. And today, with much more cooking and food experience, I still think she was right. (This was 1970. I have a vivid memory of helping her prepare a beef Wellington for a visit from her parents. It was magnificent - all decorated with pastry leaves, The one and only time I have ever actually seen that done. On the other end of the spectrum, when I had a horrendous stomach bug she made me the most delicious chicken broth I have ever had. I make good chicken broth but it doesn't match my memory of hers.)