• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

13 hours ago, Anna N said:

Thanks for your good wishes! There are people on the floor ordering in pizza but I’m in isolation and the pizza delivery people don’t seem to think they want to mask and gown and glove just to deliver me a pizza!  Wusses. 

Hell's bells, let 'em take it to the nurses' station. Surely the nurses will bring it in for you.

How awful would that be? They would’ve shipped me down to Sudbury. 

The link is broken so here is the first verse from Stomping Tom’s “Sudbury Saturday Night:

Da girls are out to Bingo and the boys are gettin' stinko,
And we think no more of Inco on a Sudbury Saturday night.
The glasses dey will tinkle when our eyes begin to twinkle,
And we'll think no more of Inco on a Sudbury Saturday night.

Stinko might be a fine alternative. Add that to the wish list for visitors.

9 hours ago, Anna N said:

361C1411-A911-4FD7-8551-361FA41E7C50.thumb.jpeg.649af6594e568bca410c62dd56b4264e.jpeg

I couldn’t quite believe my eyes when I opened this!   I thought there were bits of mould in it.  I don’t eat breakfast cereal. Never have. These things are a mystery to me so I had  to read menu to find out what it was that  I was not about to eat.

8 hours ago, Anna N said:

The cavalry is coming! The cavalry is coming! @Kerry Beal  to the rescue. 

Thank God for @Kerry Beal! I hope she brings a stockpile that can hold you until her next visit. 

I could have eaten the cereal, but that's about it. I would have been bribing the cleaning staff to make a Timmy's run for me. At this point, I'd be grateful for crackers and peanut butter.

I am pretty horrified at hospitals feeding people like this. It's been several years since I've been in one, and I'm blessed with a fair amount of family and friends to stand between me and starvation, but I've generally found at least ONE thing on my meal tray that wasn't abhorrent.

Hoping desperately that you improve VERY soon and can go home!

kayb

kayb

Thanks for your good wishes! There are people on the floor ordering in pizza but I’m in isolation and the pizza delivery people don’t seem to think they want to mask and gown and glove just to deliver me a pizza!  Wusses. 

How awful would that be? They would’ve shipped me down to Sudbury. 

The link is broken so here is the first verse from Stomping Tom’s “Sudbury Saturday Night:

Da girls are out to Bingo and the boys are gettin' stinko,
And we think no more of Inco on a Sudbury Saturday night.
The glasses dey will tinkle when our eyes begin to twinkle,
And we'll think no more of Inco on a Sudbury Saturday night.

9 hours ago, Anna N said:

361C1411-A911-4FD7-8551-361FA41E7C50.thumb.jpeg.649af6594e568bca410c62dd56b4264e.jpeg

I couldn’t quite believe my eyes when I opened this!   I thought there were bits of mould in it.  I don’t eat breakfast cereal. Never have. These things are a mystery to me so I had  to read menu to find out what it was that  I was not about to eat.

8 hours ago, Anna N said:

The cavalry is coming! The cavalry is coming! @Kerry Beal  to the rescue. 

Thank God for @Kerry Beal! I hope she brings a stockpile that can hold you until her next visit. 

I could have eaten the cereal, but that's about it. I would have been bribing the cleaning staff to make a Timmy's run for me. At this point, I'd be grateful for crackers and peanut butter.

I am pretty horrified at hospitals feeding people like this. It's been several years since I've been in one, and I'm blessed with a fair amount of family and friends to stand between me and starvation, but I've generally found at least ONE thing on my meal tray that wasn't abhorrent.

Hoping desperately that you improve VERY soon and can go home!