• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

@Chris Hennes – the layers on your little cinnamon rolls are beautiful!

@Cahoot – I am positively lusting after your lovely lemon meringue tart.  Every single component looks perfect.  I believe that I recognize the tip that you used to get that gorgeous meringue.  Someone here used that years ago and I bought the tip and haven’t ever used it.  I need to dig it out and search out a video on how to get those beautiful tips!

@blue_dolphin – I’d love to have one of your macaroons!  I love coconut in every form but haven’t ever had a shaved coconut macaroon.  I know I’d love them.

@trisme11 – mango pastry cream, coconut ganache and that gorgeous pastry.  What a perfect combination. 

@Jonathan – the chocolate oozing out of that cooky GOT me!  Now I want that!

So much beautiful stuff lately.  I’ve been falling asleep to past seasons of the Great British Baking Show and waking up craving CAKE and cookies! 

So, I made @Norm Matthews’ Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake again:

IMG_5046.jpg.92c47beecffccb75da02b9fedb945baa.jpg

IMG_5047.jpg.01ca45c211942c36cff3ae6c505da997.jpg

I made it last month for Mr. Kim to take to his dad’s.  This one was for us.  Like the last time I made this, I felt like the pineapple and cherries were “overexposed”.  The time that I made it in 2017, it wasn’t like that.  But the texture and the flavor are great:

IMG_5057.thumb.jpg.0c5773ea846136784240e1533185f4c5.jpg

I also made Valentine’s sugar cookies:

IMG_5044.jpg.2da81d72f2fe943c9a433008a5cec311.jpg

This dough was from a roll of purchased stuff that I didn’t use at Christmas.  I tried every sugar cooky recipe I came across for years and never found something that held its shape or tasted much better than this stuff.  I can’t count the number of times that folks recommended a recipe promising that the cookies would bake without losing the sharpness of the edges and they spread into blobs – no matter how thin or thick I rolled them.  So, I don’t even try anymore.  These stay in shape and taste good. 

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

@Chris Hennes – the layers on your little cinnamon rolls are beautiful!

@Cahoot – I am positively lusting after your lovely lemon meringue tart.  Every single component looks perfect.  I believe that I recognize the tip that you used to get that gorgeous meringue.  Someone here used that years ago and I bought the tip and haven’t ever used it.  I need to dig it out and search out a video on how to get those beautiful tips!

@blue_dolphin – I’d love to have one of your macaroons!  I love coconut in every form but haven’t ever had a shaved coconut macaroon.  I know I’d love them.

@trisme11 – mango pastry cream, coconut ganache and that gorgeous pastry.  What a perfect combination. 

@Jonathan – the chocolate oozing out of that cooky GOT me!  Now I want that!

So much beautiful stuff lately.  I’ve been falling asleep to past seasons of the Great British Baking Show and waking up craving CAKE and cookies! 

So, I made @Norm Matthews’ Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake again:

IMG_5046.jpg.92c47beecffccb75da02b9fedb945baa.jpg

IMG_5047.jpg.01ca45c211942c36cff3ae6c505da997.jpg

I made it last month for Mr. Kim to take to his dad’s.  This one was for us.  Like the last time I made this, I felt like the pineapple and cherries were “overexposed”.  The time that I made it in 2017, it wasn’t like that.  But the texture and the flavor are great:

IMG_5057.thumb.jpg.0c5773ea846136784240e1533185f4c5.jpg

I also make Valentine’s sugar cookies:

IMG_5044.jpg.2da81d72f2fe943c9a433008a5cec311.jpg

This dough was from a roll of purchased stuff that I didn’t use at Christmas.  I tried every sugar cooky recipe I came across for years and never found something that held its shape or tasted much better than this stuff.  I can’t count the number of times that folks recommended a recipe promising that the cookies would bake without losing the sharpness of the edges and they spread into blobs – no matter how thin or thick I rolled them.  So, I don’t even try anymore.  These stay in shape and taste good.