• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

CantCookStillTry

CantCookStillTry

Rescued some chicken drumsticks from the freezer. Quick BBQ Honey marinade, corn and capsicum salad and a baked potato that I had greater dreams for but I ran out of time. 

Regarding the drumsticks, I read a post/thread  where someone (tentatively Anna N?) suggested you take the knuckle off the chicken and it will make magical succulent shrink free chicken. I then searched the forum further and found another thread of posts (something to do with knives) that basically said only cut bones with a cleaver unless you hate your knives. So I attempted to "French" my drumsticks. First off I'm really grateful for the advice to cut the tendons etc, I was really happy with the result as were the boys... however as it was the first time I had ever tried to french something (in the kitchen at least) I really should not have tried when I was already 45 minutes late home from work and had hungry people waiting for their supper! My first attempt was not pretty, although I will continue to practise! ( I will also learn how to link and give correct credit, eventually). 

Anyway. Six less things in my freezer. 

cornandpotwithpainintheasssticks.jpg

CantCookStillTry

CantCookStillTry

Rescued some chicken drumsticks from the freezer. Quick BBQ Honey marinade, corn and capsicum salad and a baked potato that I had greater dreams for but I ran out of time. 

Regarding the drumsticks, I read a post/thread  where someone (tentatively Anna N?) suggested you take the knuckle off the chicken and it will make magical succulent shrink free chicken. I then searched the forum further and found another thread of posts (something to do with knives) that basically said only cut bones with a cleaver unless you hate your knives. So I attempted to "French" my drumsticks. First off I'm really grateful for the advise to cut the tendons etc, I was really happy with the result as were the boys... however as it was the first time I had ever tried to french something (in the kitchen at least) I really should not have tried when I was 45 minutes late home from work and had 2 hungry working men waiting for their supper! My first attempt was not pretty, although I will continue to practise! ( I will also learn how to link and give correct credit, eventually). 

Anyway. Six less things in my freezer. 

cornandpotwithpainintheasssticks.jpg