• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

41 minutes ago, MelissaH said:

But some of the articles I find nearly unreadable—it's as though attitude or ego or something gets in the way of what they're trying to say, and I get so turned off by the way they're saying it that I quit reading. 

I was a magazine subscriber from issue 1 but didn't renew past issue 12 or so. Too much navel-gazing for my own taste. 

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

37 minutes ago, MelissaH said:

But some of the articles I find nearly unreadable—it's as though attitude or ego or something gets in the way of what they're trying to say, and I get so turned off by the way they're saying it that I quit reading. 

I was a magazine subscriber from issue 1 but didn't renew after a year or two. Too much navel-gazing for my own taste. 

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

32 minutes ago, MelissaH said:

I was a magazine subscriber from issue 1 but didn't renew after the first year. Too much navel-gazing for my own taste.