• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

Loosely based on an Austrian dumpling recipe, "dumplings with meats". Ninagluck has explained to me what kind of meats are in it.

BlpQm9M.jpg

The Speck came home with me from Hungary. There was my own cured goose meat in this as well. Fried in goose fat.

tE89UAG.jpg

3 different goose breasts. Left one is smoked and brought back from Hungary. Got several from different stalls at the market there but this is the last of them. The other 2 are made by yours truly.

uY46wpO.jpg

Now I know what more to bring back from Hungary next time.

tUgUuyp.jpg

Hard like jerky. Nice with a beer.

2v5X463.jpg

After 2 weeks.

ocjydM6.jpg

After removing the salt I just hang the breast anywhere in my cold kitchen.

6nmvPJH.jpg

Also part of lunch

8KcMgms.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

Loosely based on an Austrian dumpling recipe, "dumplings with meats". @Ninagluck has explained to me what kind of meats are in it.

BlpQm9M.jpg

Speck came home with me from Hungary. There was my own cured goose meat in this as well. Fried in goose fat.

tE89UAG.jpg

3 different goose breasts. Left one is smoked and brought back from Hungary. Got several from different stalls at the market there but this is the last of them. The other 2 are made by yours truly.

uY46wpO.jpg

Now I know what more to bring back from Hungary next time.

tUgUuyp.jpg

Hard like jerky. Nice with a beer.

2v5X463.jpg

After 2 weeks.

ocjydM6.jpg

After removing the salt I just hang the breast anywhere in my cold kitchen.

6nmvPJH.jpg

Also part of lunch

8KcMgms.jpg