• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

15 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

Mr. Kim's brother visited from Arizona and brought us, Mr. Kim's mom, and their sister lemons from his tree.  This is my share (18 lemons):

IMG_8469.jpg.465465efd0dca0fd6f645d852ab5a59f.jpg

I'm making a couple of batches of @Tropicalsenior's microwave lemon curd and freezing the rest of the zest and juice.  I still have a bag of a few zested ones in the freezer from his Christmas visit!  

Strangely enough, 2021 wasn't a banner citrus year for AZ.  We had no winter rains 2020-2021 and then in July the heavens opened and Monsooned like crazy into Sept.   The trees were set with not great fruit at that time and the a lot of scarring happened and the sizes are smaller.   The grapefruit are tiny and the a larger percentage than normal of my lemons on the tree are dry pulped.  

lemniscate

lemniscate

15 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

Mr. Kim's brother visited from Arizona and brought us, Mr. Kim's mom, and their sister lemons from his tree.  This is my share (18 lemons):

IMG_8469.jpg.465465efd0dca0fd6f645d852ab5a59f.jpg

I'm making a couple of batches of @Tropicalsenior's microwave lemon curd and freezing the rest of the zest and juice.  I still have a bag of a few zested ones in the freezer from his Christmas visit!  

Strangely enough, 2021 wasn't a banner citrus year for AZ.  We had no winter rains 2020-2021 and then in July the heavens opened and Monsooned like crazy into Sept.   The trees were set with not great fruit at that time and the a lot of scarring happened and the sizes are smaller.   The grapefruit are tiny and the a larger percentage then normal of my lemons on the tree are dry pulped.