• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

Fixed a typo

With the best of intentions, I reached into my freezer and pulled out a package of chicken thighs............that had been placed there last week.  I was at the grocery store and they had some thighs on for 50% off (enjoy them tonight! the sticker said).  So I bought a couple of packages of thighs and one of drumsticks, came home and plunked them in the freezer.  I did not need them, I truly didn't, but I have a hard time passing up a bargain.  

Because I pulled out chicken that was purchased AFTER the challenge started, I'm not sure if this gets me any points.  But, cook them up I did.  We had Japanese curry Chicken thighs, with peas and red pepper in the sauce, pan roasted Carrots and a Cucumber salad.  The curry was served over rice.  Rice and curry were cooked in the IP.

image.jpeg

ElsieD

ElsieD

With the best of intentions, I reached into my freezer and pulled our a package of chicken thighs............that had been placed there last week.  I was at the grocery store and they had some thighs on for 50% off (enjoy them tonight! the sticker said) So I bought a couple of packages of thighs and one of drumsticks, came home and plunked them in the freezer.  I did not need them, I truly didn't, but I have a hard time passing up a bargain.  

Because I pulled out chicken that was purchased AFTER the challenge started, I'm not sure if this gets me any points.  But, cook them up I did.  We had Japanese curry Chicken thighs, with peas and red pepper in the sauce, pan roasted Carrots and a Cucumber salad.  The curry was served over rice.  Rice and curry were cooked in the IP.

image.jpeg