• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

i think ' gold ' simply increases the price of the potato.

and certainly there is no butter taste what so ever , even though a few TV chefs have suggested this .

Idiots.

I use red bliss for a waxy potato:  potato salad  , hand smashed potatoes.  use a mixer and you get glue

Russets for Crusty Baked , and mashed w mixer.  I leave the skin on both after cleaning a bit

I think the skin adds flavor. Ive also used them for PS and its true they disintegrate a bit

but that's nice for a ' tart ' German style PS

I have done ' cut-baked '  red bliss in the CSO until nicely browned 

they are fine.

rotuts

rotuts

i think ' gold ' simply increases the price of the potato.

and certainly there is no butter taste what so ever , even though a few TV chefs have suggested this .

Idiots.

I use red bliss for a waxy potato  potato salad  , hand smashed potatoes.  use a mixer and you get glue

Russets for Crusty Baked , and mashed w mixer.  I leave the skin on both after cleaning a bit

I think the skin adds flavor.

I have done ' cut-baked '  red bliss in the CSO until nicely browned