• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anova Precision Oven: Features, Accessories, Troubleshooting, and "Should I Buy One?"

FauxPas

• 1 month later...

Andrew Janjigian at Wordloaf is selling his (clean) Anova Precision Oven for something really cheap. See here.

Noteworthy because he says "As you may know, I’ve been developing recipes for and testing the Anova Precision Oven for the last few years, and have loved it. I use it for bread all the time, both for proofing and baking, with and without steam, and it works great. I also use it for sous vide, “air fryer,” and traditional cooking; it comes in handy when I need extra oven space or simply don’t want to fire up my main range for something small. (It’s great for reheating pizza, for example.)

"Anyway, Anova has a new version in the works; not a replacement for this one, but rather a Pro model, with a touchscreen and some updated design. I just got sent one to test out, and I need to make room for it, so I’m going to sell this one at a deep discount."

I can find NO information about the new model online. But I'm interested.

(Do you think it has a self-clean cycle 🤣 ? )

• Haha 1

Given that the current Anova Steam Oven still has bugs (I've had two replacements under warranty - so far) and the internet is rife with complaints about this oven, I wouldn't touch the new "Pro' version with a 10 foot pole.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 8:45 PM, ElsieD said:

Given that the current Anova Steam Oven still has bugs (I've had two replacements under warranty - so far) and the internet is rife with complaints about this oven, I wouldn't touch the new "Pro' version with a 10 foot pole.

My experience has been different.  I'd be all over any new Anova oven if I weren't broke and not strong enough to lift it.

• Like 3

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

2 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

My experience has been different.  I'd be all over any new Anova oven if I weren't broke and not strong enough to lift it.

Ditto

...and I wouldn't have to clean my old one 😁

p

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, palo said:

Ditto

...and I wouldn't have to clean my old one 😁

p

That's the plus side.  Admittedly, a big plus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2