• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

I woke up this morning at 5:30 with a very painful cramp in my left leg. I had no choice but to get up and limp around hoping to unfreeze the muscle in question. It took a while.

During my hopping /  limping / stumbling peregrination around my place, it struck me that, despite it still being the middle of the night, I was in dire need of breakfast and knew exactly what I wanted. Something I rarely eat.

A boiled egg sandwich.

Fortunately, I am the proud possessor of a clutch of very fresh chicken's eggs. I have met the chicken in question. So I boiled one then sliced and sandwiched it between slices of home made bread.

egg1.jpg

You may detect a lack of butter, but actually there is butter hiding under the egg. It was too fridge hard to spread, but by the time I had salted and peppered the egg, it was beginning to melt and spread itself.

I then cut it into two manly pieces. None of your effete triangles for me! Served with a strong black Indonesian coffee - a gift from a friend who just returned from there.

egg2.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

I woke up this morning at 5:30 with a very painful cramp in my left leg. I had no choice but to get up and limp around hoping to unfreeze the muscle in question. It took a while.

During my hopping /  limping / stumbling peregrination around my place, it struck me that, despite it still being the middle of the night, I was in dire need of breakfast and knew exactly what I wanted. Something I rarely eat.

A boiled egg sandwich.

Fortunately, I am the proud possessor of a clutch of very fresh chicken's eggs. I have met the chicken in question. So I boiled one then sliced and sandwiched it between slices of home made bread.

egg1.jpg

You may detect a lack of butter, but actually there is butter hiding under the egg. It was too fridge hard to spread, but by the time I had salted and peppered the egg, it was beginning to melt and spread itself.

I then cut it into two manly pieces. None of your effete trianglesegg2.jpg for me! Served with a strong black Indonesian coffee - a gift from a friend who just returned from there.