• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

I'm looking for a certain chocolate mold...

Bentley

1 hour ago, Rajala said:

Yeah, they actually have a large fish, but not just exact this one. :( So it must be made by someone else, the question is who? :D

I can think of two possibilities.  CW may have made it for a special order.  Or there is another company, DecoRelief, that makes versions/copies/knockoffs (whichever term you prefer) of CW molds.  I was looking for a cocoa pod a bit larger than the CW one I was looking at and found it through Renée Drolet at Chocolat Chocolat in Montreal.  She would be a great resource for your search.

3 minutes ago, Jim D. said:

I can think of two possibilities.  CW may have made it for a special order.  Or there is another company, DecoRelief, that makes versions/copies/knockoffs (whichever term you prefer) of CW molds.  I was looking for a cocoa pod a bit larger than the CW one I was looking at and found it through Renée Drolet at Chocolat Chocolat in Montreal.  She would be a great resource for your search.

Thanks, haven't checked Deco. I've seen at least two persons with this fish. I don't think it's custom made.

7 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Try Pavoni and JKV

Couldn't find anything from Pavoni, JKV had LOTS of stuff. Maybe one of those will work. But I would like to find this specific one, of course. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pastrygirl said:

Fish mold for @Rajala (or is this you & you already found it? 😂)

https://www.instagram.com/p/COf47jzjn4Z/?igshid=jifavrvn6vgm

No, that's not me haha. But with that said; that is indeed the mould. Chocolate World seems to have the wrong picture on their website. They have so many old images, they really need to fix their online store. I tried to help an acquainted to find the mould. So we were right all of us somehow? Thanks for trying to help, in the end she found it. Not that Instagram user but someone else. Seems like people in Sweden like that fish. :D

• Like 1

Yeah, it's the very same mould many thought it was. The picture of the moulded chocolate on Chocolate Worlds website depicts another fish though, so it's really weird.