• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FeChef

FeChef

I use the instant packages. I still need to work on the broth, but i think ive nailed the tooth feel with the dried noodles. I just cant come up with a good doctored up broth. I like a really spicy ramen, and my go to is shrimp ramen and chili ramen mixed together, with a 1/2 tsp of cayenne powder, and a 1/2 tsp or korean red pepper flake. The heat is good, but i need some more flavor and body, while keeping it cheap and quick. Suggestions? I am using 3 cups of water to flash boil the dried noodles, which i remove with a strainer and set aside then use the same water to make the broth. I like to fry a egg in some butter in a small pan that i add before serving, ad also add some frozen peas/carrots and some small raw peeled shrimp after i remove the noodles. Still, needs something. Just dont know what.

FeChef

FeChef

I use the instant packages. I still need to work on the broth, but i think ive nailed the tooth feel with the dried noodles. I just cant come up with a good doctored up broth. I like a really spicy ramen, and my go to is shrimp ramen and chili ramen mixed together, with a 1/2 tsp of cayenne powder, and a 1/2 tsp or korean red pepper flake. The heat is good, but i need some more flavor and body, while keeping it cheap and quick. Suggestions? I am using 3 cups of water to flash boil the dried noodles, which i remove with a strainer and set aside then use the same water to make the broth.

FeChef

FeChef

I use the instant packages. I still need to work on the broth, but i think ive nailed the tooth feel with the dried noodles. I just cant come up with a good doctored up broth. I like a really spicy ramen, and my go to is shrimp ramen and chili ramen mixed together, with a 1/2 tsp of cayenne powder, and a 1/2 tsp or korean red pepper flake. The heat is good, but i need some more flavor and body, while keeping it cheap and quick. Suggestions?