• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Your breakfast looks yummy.  In my twenties, I went on a 3 day pass to Paris.  In effect, I only had one full day there.  I wanted to see the Louvre most of all so I asked directions from a Gendarme in what I thought was French.  I didn't understand a single word he said. Not even a simple Nord, Oust or anything. I went in the direction he pointed and after a few blocks, I asked someone else.  Each time i went where they pointed and eventually got there.  During the day, I am sure I ordered different things to eat but they all brought me a ham and cheese sandwich on French bread.  Crusty French bread.  BTW I didn't know cheeses were made other than by Kraft.  At the Louvre I found a room where they had a buffet laid out for people to get a snack. They had baguettes, cheeses and ham.

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Your breakfast looks yummy.  In my twenties, I went on a 3 day pass to Paris.  In effect, I only had one full day there.  I wanted to see the Louvre most of all so I asked directions from a Gendarme in what I thought was French.  I didn't understand a single word he said. Not even a simple Nord, Oust or anything. I went in the direction he pointed and after a few blocks, I asked someone else.  Each time i went where they pointed and eventually got there.  During the day, I am sure I ordered different things to eat but they all brought me a ham and cheese sandwich on French bread.  Crusty French bread.  BTW I didn't know cheeses were made other then by Kraft.  At the Louvre I found a room where they had a buffet laid out for people to get a snack. They had baguettes, cheeses and ham.