• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

25 minutes ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

@liuzhouDid you ever think about or try your sardines in tomato sauce over pasta?

I have eaten it. It was the sort of thing my mother considered to be "haut cuisine". I still have nightmares about overcooked macaroni with with canned sardines in tomato sauce. But never had it for breakfast.

These day I only used canned sardines on toast. With pasta, I prefer fresh fish which I can get easily. Although what the Chinese call sardines aren't what I call sardines. But then "sardines" covers many species.

liuzhou

liuzhou

4 minutes ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

@liuzhouDid you ever think about or try your sardines in tomato sauce over pasta?

I have eaten it. It was the sort of thing my mother considered to be "haut cuisine". I still have nightmares about overcooked macaroni with with canned sardines in tomato sauce. But never for breakfast.

These day I only used canned sardines on toast. With pasta, I prefer fresh fish which I can get easily. Although what the Chinese call sardines aren't what I call sardines.But then "sardines" covers many species.