• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Egg Sizes in Europe and United States

Shel_B

This morning I was reading some recipes the origin of which was France.  These recipes called for large eggs.  Are large eggs in France and Europe the same size as large eggs here in the U.S?  I vaguely recall reading that the eggs in Great Britain are sized differently than eggs here.

... Shel

• Like 3

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

"No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot"
Mark Twain

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

Black eggs?

Marbled eggs?

Quail eggs?

Gulls' eggs?

Duck eggs are bigger than chickens'.

Goose or Ostrich? 

I had some caviar earlier. That's eggs.

Cod's roe.

Crab roe.

Edited by liuzhou (log)
  • Like 2

Mark Twain

While I applaud your searching prowess and general acumen, I like to post questions here rather than just looking them up on line because, if I have a question, others might have a similar question.  In addition, sometimes a discussion about the subject ensues, and interesting bits of information are brought forth.  What's the point of having this forum if not for discussion and to learn.

And then there's that clever and somewhat condescending response by Kerry Beal and your subsequent follow up.  My oh my, what smart and quick-witted people you are.  Definitely something to learn here and to emulate.

• Like 2

... Shel

While I applaud your searching prowess and general acumen, I like to post questions here rather than just looking them up on line because

Er? Last time I looked this forum was on-line.

You have a track history of starting new threads on topics which already exist and asking questions which would take seconds to resolve. Which of your threads have lead to interesting discussions?

Edited by liuzhou (log)
  • Like 3

Mark Twain

While I applaud your searching prowess and general acumen, I like to post questions here rather than just looking them up on line because, if I have a question, others might have a similar question.  In addition, sometimes a discussion about the subject ensues, and interesting bits of information are brought forth.  What's the point of having this forum if not for discussion and to learn.

And then there's that clever and somewhat condescending response by Kerry Beal and your subsequent follow up.  My oh my, what smart and quick-witted people you are.  Definitely something to learn here and to emulate.

Perhaps you can learn something by reading this thread right here on eGullet!

• Like 6

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

Er? Last time I looked this forum was on-line.

You have a track history of starting new threads on topics which already exist and asking questions which would take seconds to resolve. Which of your threads have lead to interesting discussions?

But the game is trying to figure out what Sheldon will find wrong with our answers before he posts again!

• Like 6