• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Porthos

Porthos

16 hours ago, Porthos said:

ETA: Remember that ,my SV bacon experiment is not for bacon in our home but rather for a quicker way to get cooked bacon into a serving Cambro for ren Faire reenactors to have some breakfast.

For my goal this wil not work at all. It took 14 minutes in the 450 F oven to get crisp. From raw to crisp only takes about 20 minutes and cutting off 6 minutes of cooking time isn't enough of a gain.

Porthos

Porthos

16 hours ago, Porthos said:

ETA: Remember that ,my SV bacon experiment is not for bacon in our home but rather for a quicker way to get cooked bacon into a serving Cambro for ren Faire reenactors to have some breakfast.

For my goal this wil not work at all. It took 14 minutes in the 450 F oven to get crisp. From raw to crisp only takes about 20 minutes and cutting off 6 minutes of cooling time isn't enough of a gain.