• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Porthos

Porthos

My cooler lost about 1 1/2 inches in 20 hours at 145F.  Since I have yet to, except for the bacon experiment, run anything for more than 5 1/4 hours and don't see anything even that long (in this cooler) in my future I will stick with it for the time being.  If the bacon experiment pans out I will be using the 28 qt cooler I mentioned upthread since I will be doing 4-6 pounds of bacon.  SInce I typically only SV proteins in the 1 to 2 pound range I shouldn't have any issues with size.

ETA: Remember that ,my SV bacon experiment is not for bacon in our home but rather for a quicker way to get cooked bacon into a serving Cambro for ren Faire reenactors to have some breakfast.

Porthos

Porthos

My cooler lost about 1 1/2 inches in 20 hours at 145F.  Since I have yet to, except for the bacon experiment, run anything for more than 5 1/4 hours and don't see anything even that long (in this cooler) in my future I will stick with it for the time being.  If the bacon experiment pans out I will be using the 28 qt cooler I mentioned upthread since I will be doing 4-6 pounds of bacon.  SInce I typically only SV proteins in the 1 to 2 pound range I shouldn't have any issues with size.