• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Porthos

Porthos

11 minutes ago, rotuts said:

looks good  as the idea is that it Works !

soon you will get bigger and bigger coolers !

just saying 

I don't SV in bulk - just one meal at a time for 4 adults and a pre-schooler. Goes back to my initial interest in SV, moist chicken breasts and pork chops for my DW who has issues with any protein that hints at being dry as a result of her bariatric surgery. I have been pleased with chicken breasts done at 147 for twice the time that Baldwin's charts list for a given thickness. When I tried lower temperatures she didn't care for the texture and couldn't convince herself that it was safe to eat.

I will be using a 28 qt cooler when I try 12ish pounds of corned beef in about 3 months, but for that cooler I have some thick styrofoam that I will fashion a lid out of.

I also have to be mindful of how much water weight I deal with if I have to move a filled vessel. Mostly I have to bail out a lot of the water before I can finish emptying it. Darned disintegrating spine ...

Porthos

Porthos

Just now, rotuts said:

looks good  as the idea is that it Works !

soon you will get bigger and bigger coolers !

just saying 

I don't SV in bulk - just one meal at a time for 4 adults and a pre-schooler. Goes back to my initial interest in SV, moist chicken breasts and pork chops for my DW who has issues with any protein that hints at being dry every since her bariatric surgery. I have been pleased with chicken breasts done at 147 for twice the time that Baldwin's charts list for a given thickness. When I tried lower temperatures she didn't care for the texture and couldn't convince herself that it was safe to eat.

I will be using a 28 qt cooler when I try 12ish pounds of corned beef in about 3 months, but for that cooler I have some thick styrofoam that I will fashion a lid out of.

I also have to be mindful of how much water weight I deal with if I have to move a filled vessel. Mostly I have to bail out a lot of the water before I can finish emptying it. Darned disintegrating spine ...