• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Circulator unit from Williams-Sonoma

MSRadell

I was just looking at their website and may have a new device for SV that looks pretty good. http://www.williams-...alty-electrics according to the website it's a Polyscience device

They have 20% off this weekend plus free shipping so it makes it a pretty good deal. Has anybody seen/used one?

Edited by MSRadell (log)

I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Thanks for the information. The review says basically what I thought it would, it works well but it's expensive for home use.

I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I'm guessing the pump is not as heavy duty. Doesn't mean that it won't run 24/7 but it won't last as long. The recommendation to only run it a few times a week means it will not fail as soon, and W-S has a lifetime replacement policy. So they are probably hoping when it fails you won't be bringing it back since it will be many years down the road instead of sooner if you used it more often. All conjecture.

Mark

My eG Food Blog

www.markiscooking.com

My NEW Ribs site: BlasphemyRibs.com

My NEWER laser stuff site: Lightmade Designs