• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rebuilt, Refurbished Classic Kitchen Aid Mixers

Shel_B

I'd like to get sweetie a classic Kitchen Aid stand mixer. I seem to recall coming across a place on line that rebuilt these old machines, but darned if I can find it now. Does anyone know of this place?

I should mention that this was not a Kitchen Aid place - it was an independent shop that specialized in rebuilding the old classics.

Edited by Shel_B (log)

... Shel

Check with Whirlpool in your area, if they don't have a repair center, they should be able to tell you about any authorized repair centers in your area. You should be able to get refurbished K.A. mixers at repair centers.

The place I'm looking for is an independent shop, and has nothing directly to do with Whirpool or KitchenAid.

... Shel

and why Whirlpool anyway; old KitchenAids were Hobarts. Should you try ebay, Shelby?

Yes, I should have mentioned Hobart, but I'm not really that savy about the old models. I was, however, sure that it wasn't Whirpool.

... Shel

I have seen that place. They restore (not just repair) old appliances to their original glory.

I wish I can remember that name. :-(

Well, that certainly sounds like it might be the place I remember ...

I found this site: http://www.appliancepartspros.com/vintage-appliance-resources.aspx not loked through it yet.

Edited by Shel_B (log)

... Shel

I think you may be looking for Deco Dan or Phil's Appliance Service.

You should also inquire at WACEM Often members are willing to sell mixers (usually so they can buy more).

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

I think you may be looking for Deco Dan or Phil's Appliance Service.

You should also inquire at WACEM Often members are willing to sell mixers (usually so they can buy more).

I found Deco Dan earlier, and he may be just the guy to help find some beaters for an old Sunbeam that we have. Toots loves that machine, and some tenents we had destroyed the beaters. Phil's Appliance also looks interesting. Thanks! These are the kind of places I was hoping to find.

I also joined WACEM ...

Edited by Shel_B (log)

... Shel