• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sous Vide Perfectly Matched with Espuma Sauces

siliconvalleysousvide

As a home sous vide chef, I'm constantly looking for other unique cooking techniques to transform the dining experience at home. I've come across espuma sauces. Espuma is Spanish for "foam" and uses a pressurized canister (cream whipper) using N2O gas to infuse sauces with gas transforming a flat liquid into a foam-like texture. Since sous vide transforms the food texture in many instances (chicken especially for example), I found that adding an espuma sauce to the sous vide meal makes a lot of sense. Anyone else have any comments on this? One thing I haven't found is a good selection of espuma sauces. The British Larder has the most espuma sauces in one place. Anyone have other sources? Cheers, Artie

IMG_0092_small.jpg

Artie

Silicon Valley Sous Vide Home Chef

The Art and Presentation of Sous Vide

www.siliconvalleysousvide.shutterfly.com