• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Taking it to the Streets for Annie Chiu

NancyH

As those of you who read this thread know, a plethora of Cleveland's finest Chefs turned out Monday night to help the beloved Annie Chiu, owner and operator of Sun Luck garden and recent quadruple bypass recipient. The restaurant has been closed since Annie took ill, and the restaurant community rallied to help her keep it by throwing a fabulous party: Takin' it to the Streets for Annie Chiu. The contributors were asked to prepare street food, which was served up at Sergio Abramoff's lovely Sarava restaurant on Shaker Square.

The Abramoff family took the laboring oar to bring together food, wine distributors, raffle prizes and a website that, hint, hint, is still up and taking donations to help Annie. http://www.friendsofannie.com/event.html.

While I have a full report and about 50 photos on my blog, I thought I would share some of the culinary highlights of the evening with you.

gallery_21337_6140_21693.jpg

Grilled Cheese & Pork Sandwich, Chef Zack Bruell, Parallax

gallery_21337_6140_121643.jpg

Pulled Pork w/Homemade Chips, Chef Karen Small, The Flying Fig

gallery_21337_6140_145353.jpg

Chinese Inspired Chicken Salad, Chef Rocco Whalen, Fahrenheit

gallery_21337_6140_160055.jpg

Duck Confit Gyro, Chef Brandon Kercher, Grovewood Tavern

gallery_21337_6140_15954.jpg

Fresh Peach Cobbler, Chef Heather Haviland, Lucky's Cafe

gallery_21337_6140_174254.jpg

Lamb Kabob, Chef Matt Harlan, Lolita

gallery_21337_6140_60334.jpg

Spicy Tuna Temaki, Chef Scott and Brenda Kim, SASAMatsu

gallery_21337_6140_126802.jpg

Duck Breast Topped With Cherry & Berry, House Made Graham Cracker, Chef Paul Minillo, The Baricelli Inn

gallery_21337_6140_104137.jpg

Duck Breast over Potato Pancake, Raspberry Chipotle Drizzle, Chefs Ruth and Marc Levine, Bistro 185

gallery_21337_6140_4522.jpg

Mini Sausage Sub, Chef Doug Katz, fire food & drink

gallery_21337_6140_30342.jpg

Grilled Sweet Corn, Chili Butter, Crema, Salsa, Crumbled Cheese and Lime, Chef Eric Williams, Momocho

gallery_21337_6140_151629.jpg

Strawberry Taco, Chef Sergio Abramoff, Sergio's and Sarava.

It was an amazing selection of street food, donated by these wonderful chefs. Get well soon, Annie!

"Life is Too Short to Not Play With Your Food" 

My blog: Fun Playing With Food

Great photos and reporting. I'm sorry I'm not familiar with Annie Chiu or her restaurant. But, it's apparent that she is a very loved person. Speedy recovery to Ms. Chiu!

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com

Nancy,

Thank you for posting the photos (I didn't even think to bring my camera), this was a really wonderful meal and for a great person as well.

I don't think I can pick any favorte dish but some of them would have been the grilled corn, the peach cobbler and the serrano ham and manchego cheese appetizer.

It was a wonderful night with great weather (half of the restaurant is a patio) and music as well.

Kristin Wagner, aka "torakris"