• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate molds: sellers that will ship to Asia?

I'm looking for a source for reasonably priced chocolate molds that will ship to Asia - the nice polycarbonate molds, not the cheap semiflexible thin plastic ones. JB Prince has a $200 minimum order for international shipping, which is likely more than I'm going to spend this go-round. I looked at chocolateworld.be, and aside from their prices being higher they don't include Bhutan in their list of countries when I try to check out to calculate shipping charges, so I'm not sure they're going to work. Tomric and chocolat-chocolat only ship to US and Canada. There was a UK site that only ships to the UK. Any ideas? Or do I have to wait until I'm back in the US?

Edited by pastrygirl (log)

Perhaps you could try this Australian company: http://www.savourschool.com.au/moulds.asp  ... if you contacted them they could probably give you a quote on postage to your country.

Lucy, have you taken any classes at the school? I'm hoping to visit Australia next February or so, and I would love to be able to take a chocolate class while I'm there.

For what its worth I've done 6 courses at Savour (5 chocolate and 1 pastry). I would highly recommend the classes - the longer the better. The instructors are first class and the material is great. Each time I wonder how they could possibly extend on what I've learnt before but they do. My wife has also done a course and my sister-in-law 2 courses and all were enjoyed.