• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

suggestions for Mothers Day Brunch

jpr54_

I have relied on this for quite a few years.

I originally developed it for a gentleman, with no cooking skills whatsoever, who wanted to surprise his wife with a nice Mothers Day breakfast/brunch.

With the greatest part of the prep the day before, it is quick and neat.

Mock French toast

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

We're going to a restaurant in Long Branch named Cask 591. Haven't been there before, so cross your fingers! ;)

Joanna G. Hurley

"Civilization means food and literature all round." -Aldous Huxley

Cafe Matisse in Rutherford is also open, but they only have a few reservations left. Regular menu. You could probably still get 3:30 in the afternoon, but that is a little late for brunch and little early for dinner.

"There's nothing like a pork belly to steady the nerves."

Fergus Henderson