• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pastry cream tricks?

sygyzy

23 minutes ago, OlyveOyl said:

I have two, “ Dessets by Pierre Hermé” and “ Chocolate Desserts by PH”.

( I just went to look for my “La Technique” book and  can’t find it.  I hope it turns up, a treasure.)

Thanks!  My mom bought the book for me as I'd grown up in love with everything French from very early (like, 5 or 6, began learning the language), and was driven to cooking from, among other things, Galloping Gourmet which I raced to always watch.  I was 13 or 14 when I cooked Christmas for our extended family, all from La Technique.  My brother sent me some photos....feel really lucky.

IMG-1305.JPG

• Like 6
  • Delicious 1

-Paul

Remplis ton verre vuide; Vuide ton verre plein. Je ne puis suffrir dans ta main...un verre ni vuide ni plein. ~ Rabelais

1 minute ago, OlyveOyl said:

@paul o' vendange That is an amazing picture, how wonderful your brother had kept it.

i saw a TV clip of Graham Kerr a few years ago, apparently he  is living in California .

I just looked him up - glad to say he's still with us.  90!

• Like 4

-Paul

Remplis ton verre vuide; Vuide ton verre plein. Je ne puis suffrir dans ta main...un verre ni vuide ni plein. ~ Rabelais