• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Meat/Poultry Freshness Detector

Bree20

I just received a catalog from Sur La Table today, they have just opened a store here in Atlanta and I guess this was a mass mailing as I have never heard of them before.

One of the items I was wondering if anyone here has ever heard, used or has any information on it is called: SensorfreahQ Meat/Poultry Freshness Detector.

According to the description a colored lights confirm the freshness of meat and poultry in less than a minute. Ergonomic device uses advanced Qcard senor technology to measure bacteriological activity.

I was wondering if this might be a nice tool to have as I buy so many of my meat and poultry at speciality shops and since they are not prewrapped the date on the white package is often one day after I have purchased my product.

Can anyone help me determine if this tool would be something a person would use regularly? I was also thinking it might be something my older family members might like since it is hard to read the expire date on some packing.

Thanks