• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Homemade Ho Hos

annachan

For our office potluck, I'm going to make some Ho Hos. Found a recipe on the Food Network that I like. The one thing I want to do different is to fill it with a marshmallow center instead of a cream center.

I found 2 recipes that has potential. One is a marshmallow cream and the other is a filling for moonpies. By reading the recipes, it seems one would be more cream like and one closer to the texture of marshmallow, with the addition of gelatin.

Which would you think is better for the Ho Hos? I'm asking for suggestions since I don't think I'll have time to try both recipes. Love to hear your thought!

What are ho-hos?!!

Chocolate sponges filled with sweetened hydrogenated fat and dipped in brown wax... but for some reason I remember liking them. I'm looking forward to seeing the homemade version.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.