• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Spray Pancakes!

GlorifiedRice

i don't know if it's a great idea...but the commercial made me laugh...and they are in COSTCO, for god's sake..they must have something going for them.

"Laughter is brightest where food is best."

www.chezcherie.com

Author of The I Love Trader Joe's Cookbook ,The I Love Trader Joe's Party Cookbook and The I Love Trader Joe's Around the World Cookbook

oh dear.

there's certainly worse, especially for pancakes, where there are refrigerated precooked pancakes that seem completely unappealing to me. i think the true test is how they taste.

as for the commercial, i would have liked for the modern mom to be wearing something a little less modern-version-of-the-50s-housewife thing, with the giant pearl necklace. or for the kid to make her own godamned pancakes. what use is modern technology like this if you can't just pass on the task to the brats that demand the results! :raz:

"I know it's the bugs, that's what cheese is. Gone off milk with bugs and mould - that's why it tastes so good. Cows and bugs together have a good deal going down."

- Gareth Blackstock (Lenny Henry), Chef!

eG Ethics Signatory

My ten-year old son thinks it sounds like the 'worst-tasting thing in the world' (and he eats pop-tarts and hot pockets). He says it sounds a lot like spray cheese, which he also won't eat.

I think the web site looks like a spoof--like it can't possibly be for real. It reminds me of an old Saturday Night Live skit. What does the whipped cream can add to the process? If you watch the video, it's not like the batter is "blasting" out of the can; essentially it looks like it's just pouring out. Didn't there used to be a product where you could buy pancake batter in a pourable container?

Feast then thy heart, for what the heart has had, the hand of no heir shall ever hold.

I think the web site looks like a spoof--like it can't possibly be for real.  It reminds me of an old Saturday Night Live skit.  What does the whipped cream can add to the process?  If you watch the video, it's not like the batter is "blasting" out of the can; essentially it looks like it's just pouring out.  Didn't there used to be a product where you could buy pancake batter in a pourable container?

LOL

The TV Demo DOES play like an SNL spoof commerical. Pretty funny.

This product is, I dunno... Intresting to say the list. More instant than an instant "just add water" mix. But less that frozen pancakes that go in the microwave..

No mess? Well there still is the matter of the pan or griddle you cook them on. And I always love how TV commericals say stuff is messy and show a grown adult making something like a careless 6 year old.

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"