• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Which tasting menu?

iainpb

I'm visiting New York in August from the UK and there's a huge amount of places we want to eat. Where would you say is New York's finest evening tasting menu, we quite like the look of WD~50 but there's so many places to choose from. We are planning a lunch at jean-georges, so that place is out of the running.

What do you mean by "finest evening tasting menu"? WD-50 is certainly very interesting and worth a visit if you are interested in their style - but it can be a bit of a polarizing place... in any case, I don't know if I'd consider it "fine dining" in the sense of the Per Ses, Bernardins, Daniels sense of fine dining though. When I think of fine dining in NY, I think for the above, Eleven Madison, Grenouille, Jean Georges, etc... granted I don't think some of them are worth going to anymore, but that's just one guy's opinion...

I guess maybe 'finest' was the wrong word, doesn't have to be fine dining - i'm looking for the tasting menu most people consider to be great, as we're only going to be doing one tasting menu whilst we're there. Brooklyn Fare and WD~50 and Madison Park are looking like the leaders at the moment.