• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pork in the Fridge

garriga

I'm a student, so I hate to throw away food. And I'm glad I didn't...it actually made for a pretty tasty dinner.

So I sliced up the chop and cooked in a bit peanut oil. Then I added sliced carrot, mushroom and cabbage. Some fresh ginger, a splash of teriyaki and a squirt of siracha rounded it out. I served it over brown rice. The meat had an interesting consistency--a bit rubbery, but not too much. The dish reminded me of a stirfry of chinese sausage and veg that a friend makes.

gallery_19142_4220_22157.jpg

Thanks for the tips, all.

Cool. I hate to waste as well.

I take it that it wasn't good enough to do on purpose next time?

:wink:

The meat was a bit too seasoned (read: salty) for my taste. So although the overall flavor was fine, I wouldn't make it on purpose. I will certainly make something similar. Can't beat a good stirfy. This time I won't leave the meat marinating for so long. :biggrin: