• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

BBQ - Low & Slow

John A

Alrighty, as the newest kid on the block I would like to introduce myself.

I am the GM of a 200 room oceanfront hotel in Daytona Beach, FL and a self taught home style cook, it’s not fancy but it is good. In addition to the inside range/oven I have two smokers and a Weber gas grill.

I post on several food forums, each with its own preferences regarding photo size and recipe details. When possible I like to post large photos to show the detail. I am going to post some past BBQ (BBQ = low & slow Vs Grilling = high heat & fast) photos with no details. I would appreciate feedback regarding photo size and recipe details.

Hope I've not upset anyone.

Thanks,

John

Hi all,

I've been informed that all photo posts now must be hosted by eGullet and am awaiting instructions on how to do so. In the meantime I have deleated the photos, I will be back with these and many others.

Thank You,

John

Edited by John A (log)

John,

Welcome.

Terrific looking meat. I can't offer any advice as to photo size, as I have not yet attempted to deal with image Gullet.

Please give a few details as to what you did with the chicken thighs. We buy alot of thighs and those look great.

Preach not to others what they should eat, but eat as becomes you and be silent. Epicetus

Amanda Newton

Welcome John. Very nice photography. I really like your pork. For some insight into E-gullet pork smoking check out this all time favorite thread Butt

Your ribs are great as well and guess what? We have a rib thread as well.

ribs

Always great to see another smoker here.

edited to include missing link

Edited by lancastermike (log)

Yes, welcome, but it's a bit cruel of you to post all of those pictures on a day when the high here is going to be about 20. I'm a pretty hard-core bbqer but I'm not completely insane yet, so any 'cue I get today is going to be from Bryant's, I'm afraid.

Judy Jones aka "moosnsqrl"

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.

M.F.K. Fisher