• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pork-flavored stamps

Andrew Fenton

This is why China is the greatest nation in the world:

Stamps released in China to celebrate the Year of the Pig taste like sweet-and-sour pork.

That is *so* much better than those Skinny Elvis stamps that tasted like... er, never mind.

Edit: you can use one to mail one of these edible postcards made out of squid!

Edited by Andrew Fenton (log)

Would Year of the Snake stamps taste just like chicken?

bwahahahahaha ROFLMAO :laugh::laugh::laugh:

for the year of the rat, monkey and dog i think i will make it a point to use a wet sponge for wetting the stamp. :unsure:

...a little bit of this, and a little bit of that....*slurp......^_^.....ehh I think more fish sauce.

My husband wants to know why they didn't make the stamps taste like bacon instead....

I wholeheartedly agree! :biggrin: Then again, I might end up gobbling the stamps. :sad:

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

Chinese people never, ever lick stamps. Every post office is equipped with basins of glue and chopsticks. Pick up some glue on the end of your chopstick, smear it over the back of the stamp, then apply to envelope. Wipe excess away with the supplied rag and push into box.

Lick the stamps? Disgusting!

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto