• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Need breakfast/brunch rec near Norristown

VictorFiorillo

I know this is too late for you this time, Victor, but The Black Lab in Phoenixville is not doing lunch or brunch right now, supposedly concentrating on dinners.

There's a new Nudie's in town that does breakfast and brunch, but I haven't made it there yet.

"Philadelphia’s premier soup dumpling blogger" - Foobooz

philadining.com

Nudy's has treated us well on the 2 times we've been there.

Sad to confirm that the Black Lab no longer does any daytime hours.

We like the dineresque qualities of breakfast at the G Lodge.

The Kimberton Inn and Columbia Hotel supposedly have brunch but we have not checked either out yet.

<a href='http://retroroadmap.com' target='_blank'>Retro Roadmap - All the Retro, Vintage and Cool Old places worth visiting!</a>

Oh, right, thanks for the reminder mod*betty, the G-Lodge on rt 23 between Phoenixville and Valley Forge Park does indeed do good, basic, diner-like breakfasts. Nothing all that creative, just good pancakes and the like. Pretty crowded on weekends.

Iron Hill Brewery should be open soon in Phoenixville, and I would assume that they'll do a sunday brunch like the others do.

"Philadelphia’s premier soup dumpling blogger" - Foobooz

philadining.com

Oh, right, thanks for the reminder mod*betty, the G-Lodge on rt 23 between Phoenixville and Valley Forge Park does indeed do good, basic, diner-like breakfasts.  Nothing all that creative, just good pancakes and the like.  Pretty crowded on weekends.

Iron Hill Brewery should be open soon in Phoenixville, and I would assume that they'll do a sunday brunch like the others do.

Iron Hill will be opening the first week of October, and yes, will be offering brunch!

Jennie Hatton

Profile PR

I have the best job ever :)

Ray's diner on Germantown Pike is an excellent breakfast spot. Try Big Joe's Country Scramble - Open face bisuit with scrambled eggs, sausage gravy and cheese. Weekend specials are usually pierogies and eggs, crab asparagus omelette, or stuffed french toast. They also have egg creams on the menu. Yummy!

Lisa K

Lavender Sky

"No one wants black olives, sliced 2 years ago, on a sandwich, you savages!" - Jim Norton, referring to the Subway chain.

Ray's diner on Germantown Pike is an excellent breakfast spot. Try Big Joe's Country Scramble - Open face bisuit with scrambled eggs, sausage gravy and cheese. Weekend specials are usually pierogies and eggs, crab asparagus omelette, or stuffed french toast. They also have egg creams on the menu. Yummy!

Has anyone ever been to Ray's for a weekday lunch? I'd love a good breakfast-for-lunch spot once in a while, but I need to be able to get in and out in an hour to an hour and a half. I've heard they're a bit slow, so that's the only thing preventing me from trying the place. Thoughts?

Has anyone ever been to Ray's for a weekday lunch? I'd love a good breakfast-for-lunch spot once in a while, but I need to be able to get in and out in an hour to an hour and a half. I've heard they're a bit slow, so that's the only thing preventing me from trying the place. Thoughts?

I've been to Ray's several times for both lunch and dinner and never found the service to be slow. They also have, hands down, the very best milkshake I've had in the area.

Cupcake Planet: my (possibly obsessive) cupcake-centric 'blog

I've been to Ray's several times for both lunch and dinner and never found the service to be slow. They also have, hands down, the very best milkshake I've had in the area.

Oooh... milkshake. Thanks! I'll be stopping by Ray's soon.

P.S. Ladydisdain, your photos inspired me to go try Naked Chocolate Cafe this weekend and the vanilla/vanilla cupcakes were delicious.

The only time I've had slow service is on a Sunday morning when the line is out the door. This is a rare exception that I allow for slow food, what are they supposed to do with so many diners? With their 2 back rooms, I'd say they seat 60-75 at once. The BBQ chicken grilled cheese sandwich is great during the day - and they have a dining club card: get $200 worth of stamps and get $25 off your check - after 3pm.

Lisa K

Lavender Sky

"No one wants black olives, sliced 2 years ago, on a sandwich, you savages!" - Jim Norton, referring to the Subway chain.